Head over Hills is situated on the jagged edge of the famous rocky cliffs of the Knysna Heads, Garden Route, South Africa. We offer you a unique and beautiful setting for the perfect break.
Map & Directions
FROM GEORGE DIRECTION OR GEORGE AIRPORT (west)
(From Cape Town drive directly towards George on the N2)
- From the George Airport parking depot, turn right and then take the first turn to the left onto the N2 (it is well sign posted)
- Stay on the N2 all the way into Knysna.
- Continue through the town of Knysna along Main road, past a Total petrol station on the left, First National Bank on the right, the Knysna Police Station on the right and then hospital on the left on the other side of town.
- You will eventually come to a Kwikspar and Caltex garage on your right hand side
- Directly after you pass these two landmarks, you will see a sign with a road to turn to your right indicating George Rex Drive, Leisure Isle and The Heads. Turn into this road, and follow it all the way along to the Heads. You will pass the turn off to Leisure Isle.
- Once you pass the Woodbourne Caravan Park on your left, the next road to the left is called Coney Glen Hill. This is the road you take.
- Follow the winding road all the way to the top of the hill until you reach a sign indicating The Viewpoint.
- At this point you follow the road to the left.
- You will reach a three-way junction.
- Take the road to your right. This road becomes a brick road and it curves left around a bend.
- As the road curves, you will see a sign indicating HEAD OVER HILLS 350m.
- Immediately after the sign take the first left, which is Glen View Drive.
- We are located at the top of the road on the right hand side before the road curves left again.
- We have different flags down a long driveway to the house, almost like a panhandle.
- We are number 22 Glenview Drive and the house is at the bottom of the driveway, on the edge of the cliff
FROM PORT ELIZABETH DIRECTION (east)
- Take the N2 highway from Port Elizabeth into Knysna.
- Just after you see the sign saying Welcome to Knysna on your left, there will be another sign indicating George Rex Drive, the Heads and Leisure Isle. Turn left onto this road.
- If you drive past a Caltex petrol station and Kwikspar, you have gone too far. Please turn around.
- If you are driving past “Bosuns Pub” on your left, you are on the right road. Carry on past the turnoff to Leisure Isle, straight to the Heads.
- NOW FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM POINT 6 ONWARDS, IN THE FIRST HALF OF THESE DIRECTIONS
GPS Co-ordinates: -34.08079668938438, / 23.06444510185247